True enough, Rob - it just seemed that folks suddenly jumped from the JOBD as JOBD, to JOBD as object. The first posts that mentioned DSPOBJD didn't talk at all about getting the definition.

In the back of my mind are things like DSPFD that have several options - and many have an *OUTFILE option - not sure if this could have worked here, as I think Chuck asks.

Now if you REALLY want some fun, try recovering source from a DMPOBJ of a program that has the *LIST debug view.

BTDT - no T-shirt!