On 4/9/2013 12:14 PM, CRPence wrote:
What was attempted for resolution prior to calling a service provider
seems thorough. I do not see anything wrong with the SELECT, and would
expect that a with-isolation clause [other than NC] should resolve the
issue being diagnosed. Perhaps now is the time to ask the service provider.

FWiW: The noted sqlstate is the sqlcode -7034 which is the message
identifier SQL7034 and symptom msgSQL7034. Knowing that can be helpful
in searches; e.g. for any known\reported defects. A quick web search
[not a search of the IBM defects and KB] turned up several hits with the
symptom keyword.

FWiW: The CPF503E is somewhat generic, and whatever is the database
file being opened to implement the request is diagnosed as file on which
the error occurred; i.e. the reference to the SYSDUMMY1 is really not
germane. To eliminate the explicit file name reference to the one-row
table, the SELECT can be rewritten using a values-clause to produce a
values-row [albeit the implementation could still be with the one-row
table QSQPTABL; and thus the error reporting that name, or I suppose a
temporary file name like *QUERY#####... well, until the issue is resolved]:

select myCLOBasVarChar
from ( values
cast (
get_clob_from_file('/myfiles/sample_001.xml') as varchar(20000)
)
) ifsfile ( myCLOBasVarChar )

Regards, Chuck

Thanks Chuck. As you guessed, the syntax above moved the error to QSPQTABL. I had gone down that route a bit earlier, even going so far as to start journaling QSPQTABL. No luck.

Joe