On 25 Feb 2013 15:39, Gqcy wrote:
I have a outfile with 6 position alpha date (YYMMDD) and 6 position
time (HHMMSS).

I can use the idate() udf to get my alpha date cast properly,
but I need a timestamp.

do I need another udf?

Does the following SQL scalar function work for you [being sure to test values in the prior and next century if applicable]?:

TIMESTAMP_FORMAT(alpha_date_column concat alpha_time_column

"The TIMESTAMP_FORMAT function returns a timestamp that is based on the interpretation of the input string using the specified format.