Re: date math in SQL

fixed

On 25 Feb 2013 15:39, Gqcy wrote:
I have a outfile with 6 position alpha date (YYMMDD) and 6 position
time (HHMMSS).

I can use the idate() udf to get my alpha date cast properly,
but I need a timestamp.

do I need another udf?

Does the following SQL scalar function work for you [being sure to test values in the prior and next century if applicable]?:

TIMESTAMP_FORMAT(alpha_date_column concat alpha_time_column
,'YYMMDDHH24MISS')

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/db2/rbafzscatsformat.htm
_i TIMESTAMP_FORMAT i_
"The TIMESTAMP_FORMAT function returns a timestamp that is based on the interpretation of the input string using the specified format.

>>-TIMESTAMP_FORMAT--(--string-expression--,--format-string--)-><
..."