I am looking for changes to - say - customer records.

Is it reliable to look at the oldest and newest pair of journal records for a given file/RRN combination?

For example, a customer's favorite color changed today several times - from GREEN to red to blue to ORANGE.

Is it reliable to only look at the GREEN (oldest journal record) and the ORANGE (newest journal record) to find what the current favorite color is?

Or can the rollbacks get me into trouble with this logic?

I think I am OK - if ORANGE changed to yellow with a rollback, I think that the last journal record would still show ORANGE still, so I should be OK.

Anything I am overlooking?

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.