I have a project to create data for an EDI 856 Advance Shipping Notice.

The data is to be loaded into a "flat file" defined by a third-party and from there
will be loaded into a proper EDI 856 format and transmitted to our customers.

A detail I need help with is the "Pallet License Plate":

the SSCC-18 Serial Shipping Container Code.

I am using the following format from the gs1-128 web site:

AI is the Application Identifier (AI)

"00" is the AI value for the SSCC-18 data structure

e is the Extension digit

CCCCCCC is the Company Prefix of 7-10 digits.

sssssssss is the Serial Reference of 6-9 digits.

D is the Mod 10 Check Digit.

I have yet to discover how to load the "Company Prefix" portion

My current idea is to use my company DUNS number for this value,
but I have yet to confirm if this is a good idea and welcome any suggestions
and advice.