On 02 Jan 2013 15:02, Scott Schollenberger wrote:
We are getting SRC B90036A0 during the OS/400 IP on our 9407-515
running V5R4.
It seems to occur during the directory recovery step, 31 of 48.
The IPL status screen shows SRC C900 2AA5 20 AC 0010.

We did a power down and full IPL after developers reported getting
MCH3402 errors using PDM.

wrkobjpdm attnlib
<ed:> msgMCH3402 T/QLEAWI stmt/0181
<<SNIP>>

What the problem was with the PDM feature may be a separate issue. As for the IPL issue...

What do the other SRC /words/ show as the source of the srcB90036A0 which means "Failure to initiate critical system job"?

An example of how the hex data translates into character strings of EBCDIC characters in some words, and some other tidbits of information that are just the numbers, is available in the following APAR [as part of the Error Description; and FWiW also mentions SRCC9002AA5 as a long step]:
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas3049a9a9dbeeafe12862575e400790912

Similar to that APAR...
Word 11: B90036A0 = Failure to initiate critical system job. (Sent only from: QWCISTSJ.)
Word 12: ######## = ¿phase \ subfunction?
Word 13: ######## = ¿f/&t/ instructions?
Word 14: ####000# = Function-->#### *FC count-->000#
Word 15: D8###### = Q???
Word 16: ######40 = ???_
Word 17: 00000000

Alternatively, during a manual step-mode IPL, the SCPF job message queue can be formatted and reviewed for the origin of the failure; using the D/A/D, though I do not recall how to navigate to do that... perhaps get the address from the task list, although for some reason my memory recalls finding the job from the QWCBT01 work control table.?