Re: IPv6 deployment

fixed

On 12/12/2012 10:39 am, Yvan Janssens wrote:
Hello,

I'm planning to deploy IPv6 to my hobby machine (Model 270, V5R4) so that I
can reach it from anywhere. I know that VPN is an option, but on the places
I mostly visit there is an IPv6 tunnel terminated.

I've read through the IBM docs about implementing IPv6, and it should be
possible, but my question is "is it feasible?". The iSeries Access client
doesn't really support IPv6 last time I checked, but Mocha TN5250 for Mac
does. Is WDSCi also not IPv6 capable, or do I need RDP for that...

While V5R4 allows you to configure IPv6 interfaces and begin testing with IPv6, only the PING and TRACEROUTE applications had been updated with IPv6 support in that release.

With IBM i 6.1, most IBM applications and servers have been updated with IPv6 support. This includes the telnet server and client which both support IPv6 in 6.1.

--
Brian Jongekryg