Re: SEU vs RDP was: Software Vendors (And US too) - A small rant

fixed

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012, Trevor Perry wrote:

Rob,

I was not decrying the occasional use of SEU, rather the lack of use of RD
Power for ~anything~. ADTS has been essentially stabilized for many years.
If you want to use RPG Open Access, no validation can be made in SEU, only
in RD Power.

In the real world, SEU and RD Power are tools in your toolbelt. However,
SEU is not your primary development tool. There is no 'versus".

I'm on V5R3. Can I use RD Power with that? If so, where do I get it from? And will it run on linux? All my workstations are linux, no windows or mac.

James Rich

if you want to understand why that is, there are many good books on
the design of operating systems. please pass them along to redmond
when you're done reading them :)
- Paul Davis on ardour-dev