No, not really.

You could open up a table on MS SQL Server with imbedded SQL and use RLA
in RPG to write to a local table. Actually I think 7.1 (with current
PTFs) has given you the capability to read/write from a table on one
system to local.

There are a lot of heterogeneous processes going on nowadays. Actually ?a
decade? ago we were accessing SQL Server to get shop floor control
information into our 400 based ERP.

These techniques are much more efficient and timely than exporting to CSV,
XML,etc and importing on the other platform.