Insert into table-name should be fine... Might be a syntax issue...

Insert into qtemp/newtable

with MISCCHGSRC as
(select * from miscchg A
where exists
(select * from miscchgplg b
where a.ASHPNBR = b.ashpnbr
and a.ABLDNGD = b.ABLDNGD
)
union all
select * from miscchgplg
)

select ASHPNBR,ABLDNGD,APLSQNB,AMSCHRG,sum(AMSCHRG2) chgamt,
CTLTEXT1, ChgDesc
from miscchgsrc
left outer join tcmisdb/ctltable
on CTLTABLE = 'MISCCHG' and AMSCHRG = CTLELEMENT
group by ASHPNBR,ABLDNGD,APLSQNB,AMSCHRG,CTLTEXT1

There was a missing comma before ChgDesc...

-Eric DeLong