Von: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von DeLong, Eric
Gesendet: Thursday, 29.11 2012 00:07
An: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Betreff: RE: V7R1 DB2 for IBMi; ALTER Table cc ADD COLUMN xx FORCOLUMN yy

Not new. This has been supported for some time, perhaps forever...

In your column definition, the name "COUNTRY" is the field name in the SQL
catalog, and adding the "FOR COLUMN nnnnnn" clause causes the system field
name (as implemented into the *FILE object) to be set to WJCTR.

RPG record IO references the system field name only, whereas SQL can
reference either way.

I've been building my DDL this way for years, so that we can use SQL
friendly naming for our columns in SQL... My old queries had to refer to
field data as DSSTR# or SMSTORE or some other "unique" name, but now each of
those fields can be referenced as STORE_NO.

-Eric DeLong