DDM Data Queue using RDB

fixed

I finally got a remote data queue setup working using the *RDB parameter and remote data base name.

(For whatever reason - most likely TCP config or the like regular SNADS setup does not work at all).

Now my problem is this: With my current setup the user-id on the remote system is validated against the user-id's on the target. If the remote user does not exist on target: Bad luck and no dtaq entry added.

Question is: What if the program that runs on the remote system uses adopted authority [usrprf(*owner)] and is owned by a user that exists on target? Will that work or is there another better way to get this thing working.

The purpose of the thing is that whenever certain data (product related) is changed by any user on any system the data (or at least the part number) is sent to the main server. We have a trigger program attached to each of this set of files and it is this trigger program that creates the data queue entry.

Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Åke H Olsson
[cid:image001.png@01CA1FE6.387A03A0]
Box 433 SE 551 16 Jönköping Sweden visit: Brunnsgatan 11
phone: +46 (0)36 342976 mobile: +46 (0)705 482976 fax: +46 (0)36 34 29 29
ake.olsson@xxxxxx<mailto:ake.olsson@xxxxxx> www.pdb.se