Hi Rob,

We went from 6.1 to 7.1.

And oddly, the QAQQINI file on both production and test environments (our
third partition is domino only), doesn't even contain a value for
"IGNORE_DERIVED_INDEX".

In your link to the V6R1 memo to users it states "The usage of the QAQQINI
option for IGNORE_DERIVED_INDEX applies to only select/omit logical file

Notice it refers to indexes, which aren't exactly the same animal as a
native LF. We were discussing that too last night and now we're scratching
our heads wondering if it applies only to SQL indexes only or indexes and
native logical files too.

The other oddball thing about is that the link below is a bit vague on
whether this new feature applies to indexes only or to both indexes and
native logical files.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/89787586/Whats-New-With-DB2-for-i-V7R1

But regardless, I'm not sure what effect the absence of
IGNORE_DERIVED_INDEX in QAQQINI has on the system since both systems have
identical QAQQINI files and this value isn't in those files.

The reason I mention this is that (and I'm sure you probably already know
this) is that if you create a file using DDS (with standard defaults on the
CRTPF command and then do a DSPFD on it and compare it to a file created
using CREATE TABLE, the attributes of the file are a little different. And
maybe therein lies a clue as to what could affect how SQE does its work.

All I do know about this experience is that our revised shop standard now
is that any embedded SQL should always use a physical file and any
select/omit logic will be coded in the where clause.

Below is my ptf group info - and it's the same across all three partitions:

PTF Group Level Status
SF99710 12115 Installed
SF99709 67 Installed
SF99708 20 Installed