I'm trying to determine if there is a parameter or two I might be missing on
the RCVJRNE command, or maybe just don't fully understand it.

I'm using the RCVJRNE command to receive journal entries for a physical
file. Then set up another RCVJRNE to do the same on a different physical
file, calling a different exit program. When a change happens to one of the
files and a journal entry is placed in the file's journal receiver, BOTH
exit programs actually execute. I've proved this using debug.

The RCVJRNE command parameters specifies the file name for which the exit
program should be receiving entries and the exit program is indeed only
getting entries for the specified file. The exit program for the other file
ALSO executes at the same time but simply gets the parameter values passed
to it that convey nothing is being passed. Again, I've isolated this using
debug. The only common denominator is that both files are journaled to the
same journal.

This is certainly non-intuitive, given that the files desired are specified
in the RCVJRNE command execution. It seems to imply that a single RCVJRNE
should be applied to a journal and the exit program should decide what to do
with the journal entry based on the file for which the entry is. That is,
check the values in the incoming parms to determine which file the entry
actually pertains, then perform the function necessary and intended for that
file. In my case, the purposes are different.

I guess I'm saying that the RCVJRNE command merely sets up a 'chain' of exit
programs to call whenever a journal entry is written to the named journal.
It doesn't really restrict calls to the exit program based on the file
designations given in the RCVJRNE command.

Anyone else run into this?

Tom Garvey