Chuck,

as I said in the ng answer, your syntax

SELECT SUB.*
FROM
(select RES.* , row_number() over (Order by NEW_NAME) rnk
FROM
(select A.field1, B.field1 /* instead of NEW_NAME here */
from A inner join B on A.X = B.Y
) AS RES ( NEW_NAME, FIELD1_TOO ) /* name NEW_NAME here */
) SUB
WHERE SUB.rnk >= ? AND SUB.rnk < ?

doesn't raise any SQL error, even if it seems it doesn't return records in the expected order, but I'm not sure of this, there could be some bug in untit tests... I'll let you know.

By the way, the above query is not used neither in H2 nor in MySQL, since these DBs support the LIMIT clause, but it was create to support MS SQL Server and....DB2 LUW!!!

Thank you again!!!

Bye

Franco

http://www.francolombardo.net