The i and DHCP

fixed

I haven't checked the countdown clock this morning. Probably 28 days
left. So, this isn't critical.

Corporate mandated switching from static addressing to DHCP. We get
random calls where a 5250 session cannot sign on or just quits
working. The corporate help desk has decided that if they receive two
such calls, then the i just HAS to be down - despite the fact that we
have several hundred attached and functioning workstations.

Anyway, here is my question: If a DHCP connection is established with
the i, and then the lease on the workstation IP address expires, and a
different IP address is subsequently assigned to the workstation
(sorry for the wordiness). is there any way that the i can determine
that address for that session has changed and do something about it?

I know the device description has the IP in it when a connection is
established. But, what happens when that address changes?

BTW, when corporate office sends out a bogus "system down" task, they
are done - task has been assigned. We get the heat for taking "too
long" to resolve the issue.

John McKee