Guess it depends on how "business critical" your development is...

How often and how quickly are you making "business critical" changes?

I could imagine a shop doing agile development where by having
development down for a day could be a big problem. But I've never
actually heard of one, let alone worked in one. :)

Now if you're a software vendor...then development is your "business
critical" HA would make sense there. But again, I've not heard
of any IBM i vendors with HA development systems.