Von: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von CRPence
Gesendet: Wednesday, 15.8 2012 22:52
An: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: Help with SQL script

FWiW: The SQL parser does not care about "white space" [or lack of] in
that, nor many other cases. Extraneous blanks are overlooked during
parsing, anywhere I can think of, before or after either a closing or
opening parenthesis. Each of the following should always pass without
syntax errors [using SQL naming]; that two statements are SELECT versus
CREATE, is immaterial for the purpose of making the point:

create table QTEMP . FOO( T DECIMAL (1)default 7 )

select DECIMAL ( 1 / 3 , 6 , 6 )from SYSIBM . SYSDUMMY1

select RAND ( ) from SYSIBM . SYSDUMMY1

Regards, Chuck