Using RDi better

fixed

Confessing that I do not use Rational Developer for i (RDi) comprehensively,
I'm interested to find out the easiest way I can expand how I use it, in a
specific manner.

I've always just used it as a replacement for SEU. I like the advanced
features of Outline, and seeing all the fields and their definitions, even
used the debugger, etc. However, I confess that I've only learned it well
enough to get by without SEU. Now I'd like to see how easy it would be to
have the source I'm working on actually stored on my PC, or perhaps a PC
server, rather than the i itself. I will be detached from access to our i
server for extended periods and also am tasked with making sure our source
is stored off site. Of course we do tape backups but perhaps using RDi to
store our source off site, while keeping it accessible, is a prudent step.

Am I too optimistic about how RDi can be used? What's the best, and
shortest, path to using RDi as described?

Tom Garvey