Use a HLL such as ILE RPG. You can use SQL to substring the entry specific data but, in my opinion, if you do, you are a member of the Hurt-Me-Hurt-Me crowd.

Dump the journal to a file with DSPJRN. You can use the API if you want. Just adapt the "read" to fit using an API.

FyouroutfilIF E DISK

FDUPCUSMST O E DISK

D customerrcd E DS extname(yourtablename)

D reclaimedrcd E DS extname(DUPCUSMST)

/free

doW (not %eof(youroutfil));

read youroutfile;

if (%EOF);

iter;

endif;

if (JOCODE <> 'R');

iter;

endif;

// What type of journal entry type you select depends upon what you are looking for

// In this example I chose before images.

If (JOENTT = 'UB');

customerrcd = JOESD; // JOESD is in youroutfil

reclaimedrcd = customerrcd;

write DUPCUSMSTRCD;

endif;

enddo;