RE: best way to limit a job

fixed

Buy a multiprocessor bigger system? Most "traditional" programs are
single threaded and just can't gobble up your system. Ok, may sound like
a ridiculous idea for many of you. But you've not had a boss who upgraded
a system because the percent CPU used got up to 45%. Over the last week
our 'main' partition never exceeded 60% CPU, with a median of around 35%.
Right now we're at 34.9% and after I roll past the Domino and Mimix stuff
in WRKSYSACT the first ERP stuff is an interactive job gobbling up 0.9%.