A project can be completed in multiple steps, right? Then in one step I
would have you upgrade your 8203-E4A to V7R1 and then in the other step I
would have you do the hardware upgrade. Our 8203-E4A is at 7.1. It will
give you the highest comfort level, than trying to do special partial
restores to the other machine. Especially if you're not one of those
contractors who do that kind of upgrade on a regular basis.

Usual caveats are to read both the 6.1 and the 7.1 Memo To Users. There
are some differences that really shine, especially (but not limited to)
the ANZOBJCVN concerns.

From the data migrations topic of Infocenter:
Another migration tool is feature code 0205, which you can order at no
charge with the new system. This enables you to install and run the new
operating system on both your source and target systems for up to 70 days.
To use the feature, you must have a valid IBM Software Maintenance
subscription for the source system. Feature code 0205 authorizes you to
use the new version and release on the source system for the sole purpose
of migrating your data. The earlier version and release must be
reinstalled on your source system after the data migration is completed.

Someone somewhere documented what you are trying to do but I can't find
it, and as I am biased against that technique I am not really motivated to
find it.