From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jmmckee flinthills.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:40 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Odd sftp user name

Issue is to debug sftp. I am using PuTTY to connect to my i user profile, to have a functioning terminal. I log into my user profile just fine. But, issue is connecting to remote site using sftp and the user name provided.

Never occurred to be to try the option you suggest. My concern was whether a QSH script would have the same issue, thus the interactive login attempt. I would rather this be done with me needing to manually transfer data.

Just tried it from my Linux netbook. Instead of asking for the password associated with the value entered for User (a 12 digit number), the site used my Linux user id. Looks like the -oUser did not get passed.

sftp ftp.xxxx.com -oUser=166440000000@ssh

jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxx's password:

Again, my concern is what QSH will do. Guess the only option is to try it.

John McKee