On 29-Dec-2011 14:59 , Jim Oberholtzer wrote:
As to the '/' in QSYS.LIB, the command is smart enough to put it in
for you if you don't specify it, and happily goes along when you do.

FWiW:

The above quoted text and another message suggest that the 'QSYS.LIB' specification might be "corrected" to '/QSYS.LIB' [per informational message CPI3728]. But in my experience [though with SAV vs SAVRST], that informed-of correction is the desired outcome only when the current directory is '/'.

If the current directory is not '/', then the CPF382B still would be the expected outcome because the '/QSYS.LIB' would not be omitted by the ('QSYS.LIB' *OMIT) specification... as further clarified by Joe in a response to Scott's reply, which imply that the value would be treated as a relative path, per normal.

For example, if the current directory were '/home/userid' then the ('QSYS.LIB' *OMIT) would be "corrected" to effect the equivalent of having specified ('/home/userid/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT) which would not help to avoid the error; as compared to when the current directory is '/' for which the "corrected" effect is the desired ('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT).

I saw that and corrected it but it made no difference in the way the
program ran.

However because the corrected specification gave no joy, my above comments obviously can not assist directly. Thus why they were provided merely FWiW; mostly for the archives, to include the message identifier for the informational msg.

Regards, Chuck