Re: How to COPY (not transfer) a file on a remote server using FTP

fixed

On 09-Dec-2011 09:06 , John Yeung wrote:
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 9:26 PM, CRPence wrote:
If there is such trust in the application actually being complete,
regardless that the file remains open, then why not have the
application make the copy after "completing" the work. Or better,
just have the application close the file, since if the application
is truly done updating the file, there is no need to keep the file
open.?

In his first post he said he has no control over this application,
and then later he said the vendor told him "it worked before, and we
didn't break it" (implying the vendor's not going to be fixing it
anytime soon). So for now he's stuck looking for (unfortunately
ugly) workarounds. If it had been an in-house-developed program that
was misbehaving, I imagine he would be working on fixing it and we
wouldn't even be having this conversation. ;)

I realized all the implications. My point was to deprecate placing trust in crap, since the likelihood is that eventually those things that are associated with or dependent upon crap, will begin to smell like crap.

Regards, Chuck