From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bdapriv01
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:03 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: MIDRANGE-L Digest, Vol 10, Issue 1611

First, I'm not in the US. For everyone in the US, this is why the US is going down the crapper - I'm not a pirate! If the stupid SOPA legislation goes in, move the list off shore like all the other jobs in the US. Then everyone can debate it etc. Totally off topic but sorry that's what's wrong in the US now!

I'm not trading movies, I'm a hobbyist at home wanting to try out some new software on a box I freely bought on EBay. Heck what is SOPA even worried about? Oh I bought a machine, and I'm running it for play purposes at my house and may have some software I have to install every 70 days because I have no license! Its sure going to affect IBMs bottom line isn't it!!
Heck, I might find some neat stuff out and be able to influence a sale in the future!!! Imagine that!!

If IBM doesn't want experimenters playing with these machines, they should stop letting people buy them on eBay!! You already need a license key to-do anything commercial on it... please this entire thing about oh licensing makes me laugh.

If anyone from IBM is monitoring this list, please get in touch. I'd super love to license the software legally for the box so I don't have to re-install every 70 days. And, judging from the people who have got in touch with me.. I'm not the only one...

Regards

------------------------------

message: 10
date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:48:06 -0600
from: "sjl" <sjl_abc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: V6R1M0 isos?

But it would not stop someone from making a complaint which could arbitrarily get the web site shut down without notice and without a hearing.
- sjl

Evan wrote:
Regardless of your personal views on SOPA it's pretty clear
Midrange.com does not fit the quoted criteria.
The sky is not falling.