iNav will pull this out of the tables. Here's one sql based udf:

-- Generate SQL
-- Version: V7R1M0 100423
-- Generated on: 11/17/11 08:32:31
-- Relational Database: GDISYS
-- Standards Option: DB2 for i
SET PATH *LIBL ;

CREATE FUNCTION ROUTINES.DATETONUM (
REALDATE DATE )
RETURNS DECIMAL(8, 0)
LANGUAGE SQL
SPECIFIC ROUTINES.DATETONUM
DETERMINISTIC
READS SQL DATA
RETURNS NULL ON NULL INPUT
NOT FENCED
SET OPTION ALWBLK = *ALLREAD ,
ALWCPYDTA = *YES ,
COMMIT = *NONE ,
DECRESULT = (31, 31, 00) ,
DFTRDBCOL = *NONE ,
DLYPRP = *NO ,
DYNDFTCOL = *NO ,
DYNUSRPRF = *USER ,
RDBCNNMTH = *RUW ,
SRTSEQ = *HEX
BEGIN DECLARE NUMDATE DECIMAL ( 8 , 0 ) ; SET NUMDATE = INT ( YEAR
( REALDATE ) || RIGHT ( '0' || MONTH ( REALDATE ) , 2 ) || RIGHT ( '0' ||
DAY ( REALDATE ) , 2 ) ) ; RETURN ( NUMDATE ) ; END ;

GRANT ALTER , EXECUTE
ON SPECIFIC FUNCTION ROUTINES.DATETONUM
TO SSA ;