Hiya Ken,

I'm not familiar with the QsyAddServerEntry API... and have never tried to call it. But, off the top of my head (and based on the C definition you posted) I'd assume the prototype should look like this:

D QsyAddServerEntry...
D PR ExtProc('QsyAddServerEntry')
D User * value options(*string)
D Server 200A const options(*varsize)
D ServerLen 10i 0 value
D UserId 1000A const options(*varsize)
D UserIdLen 10i 0 value
D Passwd 696a const options(*varsize)
D PasswdLen 10i 0 value
D ErrorCode 32767a options(*varsize)

The important bits:

1) The C definition of char[10] on the first parm does not mean that no null-terminator is needed. C will still add a x'00' to the string. The documentation is vague about whether the x'00', so I'd use options(*string) just to be safe. (Unless you ask IBM and they tell you otherwise.)

2) When a C prototype does not specify a pointer or an array (such as with the "int" parameters in this C prototype) they are always passed by value. VALUE is the default. In RPG, you have to add the VALUE keyword, or it'll pass by reference. (This was the biggest issue I had with your original prototype)

3) The error code parameter can be much larger than 256. Not sure why you picked such a small number.

Anyway, give this a try...