On 24-Oct-2011 12:48 , Pat Barber wrote:
Is that program documented anywhere ?

I did a search in the Infocenter and it showed nothing.

On 10/24/2011 1:05 PM, Hart, Doug - EI wrote:
You might use this to get a quick summary of IFS directory info.

CALL PGM(QSRSRV) PARM(METRICS '/home')

The program is part of the OS, owned by the Save\Restore [the SR] component. Apparently the program provides an interface to a "service tool" which for at least one invocation will dump the "Save Restore Flight Recorder" information.

That the program is apparently a "service tool" is an inference from documentation found with references; e.g. to include the following two links:

"ST (Service Tools Action) journal entries" "Entry Type A=Service record" "Service Tool type=SV for QSRSRV"
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzarl/rzarlf60.htm

"How to Collect Save/Restore Flight Recorders" Doc#: 515905196
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas1e9d305c97281051986257563004c59e3
"Refer to Rochester Support Center knowledgebase document 524030472, QSRSRV - How to Collect Save/Restore Problem Data, for a program that can be used to collect SR flight recorder data and other related data for Save/Restore problems.

So the program is callable, being in the user domain, much like an API. However that the program is provided only as a callable interface for\as a service tool, the program does not have the requirements of an actual API, neither for documentation nor compatibility issues; i.e. the output is intended for use by the support organizations, not for API-like use by users. Of course being callable, any authorized user can benefit from the details provided by the output generated.

Anyhow, at least one invocation [PARM("DATA")] is documented in the IBM Technote 524030472:
https://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas176acaa3ae327a2c5862575b3003ba613

The "METRICS" invocation is at least partially documented in the third link below [and in many non-IBM references on the web, to the function provided by that program], found via the previous links [and on more current release, equivalent links]:

"Printable PDFs and manuals" links in the InfoCenter:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/pdf_table/launcher.htm

"Backing up the Integrated File System - Related information - Experience report":
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/experience/ifs_saveabstract.htm

"View this report"
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/experience/ifsystem.pdf

Regards, Chuck