To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion [2]<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: [3]midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 10/20/2011 06:28PM
Subject: Re: SMTP: confirmation of delivery

Rob

We have the same issue raised by some of our customers. We typically
use, say, an Exchange server instead of the built-in one, and that
server will send back a response that all is good. But if the server
doesn't process it, we will never know.

I was told today that the admin of said Exchange server can do an email
trace to see what happened - correlate the time and email address,
maybe.

Hope that helps a little!

Vern

On 10/20/2011 8:13 AM, [4]rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Has anyone written a bolt on to the standard IBM utilities like
SNDDST or
> QTmmSendMail that analyses journals or whatnot and ties that to a
> confirmation of delivery?
> Let's say we have a customer that acts like emailed invoices
didn't get
> there, and keeps pushing back the dates until they finally hit
when we've
> purged the mail server framework journals.
>
> I wonder if periodic monitoring for
> C2 R [1][5]<xxx@xxxxxxx>
> and tie that row back to the matching send and then record that
job and
> stuff would work?
>
> Rob Berendt
> --