There is no inherent difference between job types...a job is a job is a job...

Now, by default, specific jobs are defined to use specific classes
(*CLS) and the attributes of the classes may cause the run time
attributes of a job of one type to differ from another...but any of
that can be (and arguably should be) customized...

Default interactive class uses a priority 20, whereas default for CGI is 25...

Assuming there's nothing else running, having a couple of threads
taking 35% of CPU is not a problem, in fact you can make the argument
that they should be taking 100%. After all, unless the CPU is at
100%, you're wasting cycles doing absolutely nothing. Since they
aren't you know the jobs are waiting on disk i/o. The real question
is are they doing useful work efficiently? You'd need to run some
performance traces or SQL monitors to determine that. It may not
matter, till you get to the point where you've got other work waiting.

Lastly, performance of switching between open sessions is _ALWAYS_ a
function of the load on the PC, not the i.

HTH,
Charles