SAVRSTLIB requires SNA. And that you set up all the stuff normally seen
on WRKCFGL, and a bunch of other setup. Since you use TCP/IP instead I'd
stick with that. Older OS's could configure SNA to run over TCP using
Anynet. 7.1 requires "Enterprise Extenders". I believe all of this is
free but who wants to get knowledge on dead technology?

You've already discovered that when you use a save file you can only fit
one library into a save file. The workaround is that you either use
multiple save files, or reuse the same one with each library, or, use
Virtual Tape instead. With virtual tape you can then send the image
catalog entries with ftp. Some suggested using QFileSvr.400 but another
said the performance could use some work. But you could use that instead
of ftp to move the image catalog entries instead.

And virtual tape might be some knowledge you'll use in the future - like
doing a DUPTAP from physical media to virtual media and perhaps back.

Virtual tape:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzaiu/rzaiuvirtualtape.htm