Re: Simple way to tranfser library

fixed

I really needed to spell-check this.

The word is supposed to be "transfer".

Sorry 'bout that.

"Timothy Adair" <tadair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:mailman.7260.1316101922.2572.midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx...
Is there a simple way to copy a library to a remote (300 miles away) iSeries? I know I can do:

Create SAVF
SAVLIB to SAVF
Create SAVF on remote system
Lather:
FTP SAVF to remote system
RSTLIB on remote system
CLRSAVF on remote system
CLRSAVF on local system
Lather, rinse, repeat (for each library)

I can do this but am hoping there's an easier, cheap (i.e. free) alternative. We're upgrading to a new Power 7 and I need to copy some libraries over to a remote i5 until the upgrade is complete, and then copy them to the new system. I'd really rather not install anything new on the old box, to accomplish this.

As always, any and all responses are welcome.

~TA~