Robert,

The QIBM_QTG_DEVINIT exit point will provide the data you want - and will also provide you with the ability to deny certain users or IP addresses with access to Telnet (though the security geek in me feels compelled to note that this exit point alone will not prevent other network connections such as FTP, ODBC, etc. from a valid user).

It's a simple interface with a data structure parameter list that provides a number of fields into the program and a single binary out of the program (An allow/deny access switch). You can use the input parameters to capture things like user name, job name, job number, and _I_think_ IP address. If the parameter list doesn't provide IP address, I know that information is available in one of the "current job" API calls (Gary Monnier probably knows for sure) so you might have to make an extra program call.

The only other thing to do then is arrange the data in a format (File, Dataq, journal?) that is easy for you to report on. Should be a simple task.

One word of caution - when you attach the exit program to the exit point, all future Telnet connections will be regulated by this exit program - so if it has a bug, no one will be able to make a new connection. Therefore, when testing, have aan active connection (or 5) that you can use to unregister the exit point just in case. (Just some been there done that advice.)

HTH

jte