I'm assuming the TS2900 is a tape library that you can load a bunch of tapes into and use in any order you want...

We have our library set for Random. If we want a block of tapes used in a certain order we list the tape ID numbers in the tape command in the sequence we want.

I learned -years- ago that you can't keep tape numbers in sequence! Unless you hand-load the drive each time.

Assigning a block of tapes to a Monday backup and trying to keep them together is difficult-- what happens when the data expands and you need another tape? Voila! Out-of-sequence tapes!

--Paul E Musselman