V5R4. Apparently, another reason to upgrade. But, when a corproate office is preparing to junk the i, upgrades don't happen.

John McKee

-----Original message-----
From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:00:29 -0500
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Does arping exist on the i?

I have it. What version of the OS are you running?

My PC name is GDSL61. When I do a DSPDEVD of the 5250 session running
these commands I see:
Device description . . . . . . . . : ROBS1
Internet address . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.8.237

On the PC itself if I run IPCONFIG I see:
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : dekko-1

ARPING INTNETADR('10.10.8.37') LIND(LANLINSYS)
Sending ARP request to 10.10.8.37 using line LANLINSYS.
Reply from [00:B0:C2:AC:D0:1B] took 16 ms.
Reply from [00:B0:C2:AC:D0:1B] took 0 ms.
Reply from [00:B0:C2:AC:D0:1B] took 0 ms.
ARP request statistics: 3 of 3 successful (100 %).

Object Type Library Attribute Text
ARPING *CMD QSYS Send ARP Request

PING RMTSYS(GDSL61)
Verifying connection to host system GDSL61.dekko-1 at address
10.10.16.237.
No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification 1.
No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification 2.
No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification 3.
No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification 4.
No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification 5.
Connection verification statistics: 0 of 5 successful (0 %).

PING RMTSYS('10.10.8.37')
Verifying connection to host system 10.10.8.37.
No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification 1.
No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification 2.
No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification 3.
No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification 4.
No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification 5.
Connection verification statistics: 0 of 5 successful (0 %).

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738