On Tue04-Apr-2011 05:04 , rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
<<SNIP>> the output queue associated with the user running STRMNTBRM.
I am really hoping to avoid wrapping the command in CL.

If I have to wrap this in CL I found that I have to use:
OVRPRTF FILE(QP1ARCY)
DEV(EMLPDF)
OUTQ(QUSRSYS/EMLPDF)
OVRSCOPE(*JOB)
Prior to running
STRRCYBRM OPTION(*SYSTEM) ACTION(*REPORT)

Is something wrong on my CHGPRTF?
Is there a configuration setting somewhere in BRMS to not send it to
the user's output queue?

That is a .feeture. with which to kick the user in the *ss. ;-) A web search on BRMS RECOVERY OUTQ should locate the following link to document# 86256E7E00484​617 "BRMS Disaster Recovery Reports Generated to Wrong Output Queue":
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas1ef7cf3b9b5ee4ee386256e7e00484617

As such a short document, the text is included below in full:

Problem Summary:
BRMS Disaster Recovery Report generates and sends to
the report to the wrong output queue. Changing the
QP1ARCY printer file to specify the proper output
queue has no effect.

Resolution:
The BRMS System Policy is set up to print to a specific
output queue. Run WRKPCYBRM *SYS , select Option 1, and
change the value to *PRTF.

Regards, Chuck