I haven't participated much in this "forum" except to read, but I have to
say "me too" to a lot that has been written on this topic so far:
T0 80 column cards (did you ever see or hear Bob Newhart do his conversation
with Herman Hol....?)
I worked with 80 column cards on an 027 keypunch, 96 column cards on
System/3, a ledger card on S3 model 6, a 3741 attached to a S/3 Model 10.
I've worked on S/360 BOS, DOS, and OS as well as the 360 model 67. Did a
little S/360 Model 20 (where I learned RPG), S/32, S/34, S/36, S/38 before
AS400. My first language was Assembler for S/360 then COBOL. Wrote some
BASIC on the PUMPKIN (first IBM PC). My favorite hardware is AS400(i) my
car a PT Cruiser. My boss tells me I am going to retire in December of this
year. "Please Mr. Custer, I don't wanna go". I did not start in the
business until 1967.
I guess I will be learning some new languages if I can't find enough 400s
that need help in 2012.

It's been a bumpy ride but I have loved almost every minute of it.

Conrad Baker
Akrochem Corporation

This message and any attachments are privileged and intended for the use of
the addressee. If you receive this communication and are not the intended
recipient, please do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this
communication to others. Also, please notify the sender by replying to this
message and then delete it from your system.