From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jmmckee
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 3:01 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Printer DDS text

This sounds dumb, to me. So, I guess it might be dumb.

I need to put text on a printer file. But, I am stuck with using POSITION. Without a field name, the create fails. I know that TEXT is not going to put a literal on the page.

I can see setting up numerous fields and setting them tp the desired literal values. But, that does seem odd.

I could also attempt to put a separate record format in with the constants on it. But, wouldn't that be the same issue as far as POSITION is concerned? Without a field name, the keywords seem to apply to a previous definition - which causes an error. All I want to do is add labels to boxes I am drawing.

This was supposed to be easy. Started with rotten scans of a generated form, and now am trying to generate the form directly - which is still tedious. But, lines and boxes are a lot nicer looking.

John McKee