From: Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/08/2011 08:15 AM
Subject: Re: question on licensing messages.

Are you actually using the network feature, (one BRMS database with
multiple machines) or just the base of BRMS?

Most often times I see folks load all three parts of BRMS when they only
intend to use the base feature.

If you are not using the network feature (an excellent feature that is
dirt cheap) with multiple instances of IBM i, then I would remove it
from the system. I suspect you are not using it since the scratch tape
pool would not be anywhere near accurate for each of your machines, and
you would be having other issues.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects