My suggestion to investigate the *WSCST for a possible resolution should not be inferred to be the best nor the only available option. Hopefully others will offer their own recommendations. To be clear, I am far from an expert in printers... I have long employed every means available to avoid printing, and attempt to utilize only plain-text minimal quality [without separator pages] when printing is mandatory.

Since mention was made of remote output queue, consider that CHGOUTQ can assign a WSCST. Multiple queues couldd be setup, each with its own preference to which the user directs from the menu option.?

Regards, Chuck