Fortrex in the Washington, DC area does a pretty good job.

From: John Candidi <jacandidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: 04/01/2011 10:05 AM

Subject: RE: System Security testitng service

All great info. Thanks John!!

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [
mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Jones
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:13 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

Define "test the security". If you mean perform an internal network and/or
application vulnerability assessment, there are lots of companies that do
that sort of thing.

We have McAfee's Foundstone unit do tests both external & internal:
http://www.mcafee.com/us/services/mcafee-foundstone-practice.aspx. Besides
their appliance & hosted service offerings they also have "white hat"
hackers who can test your apps & environment. They do the assessment
remotely via VPN.

Another thought would be NCC Networks.
http://www.nccnetworks.com/assessment

Other thoughts:
- If you have an auditor that you're comfortable with, check with them. If
they don't offer the service themselves they can probably recommend a local
resource.
- If you want something more iSeries-focused there's SkyView Partners.
- See if there's a branch of ISSA or ISACA in your city. As information
security professional associations the local members will know who's who in
your area. The New Jersey ISSA chapter's web site is http://nj.issa.org/.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:19 AM, John Candidi