Tommy, any issues with the way the clients might be configured say set for
3179 but it wants a 3477 or vice'a'versa.

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 7:40 AM, <Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The only thing that happens is that the message queue isn't created. The
problem was found by batch jobs that tried to return a message to the
submitting workstation msgq. The error (forgot the MSGID) is that the
workstation had no attached message queue. I looked for the message queue
and it simply isn't there. There are no telnet exit programs (already
looked for that before I asked the question ;) ). I checked the history
logs, audit journal, etc. and no clues there. I ordered the v7.1 PTF just
now and should have it applied today. I've scheduled downtime tomorrow to
remove all workstation devices & the associated message queues. Hopefully
that will rectify the situation. I have (after much digging and posting
on forums) found out that it's possible that the message queues by those
names may have existed on the system but the workstation devd did not and
that the devd might not have been "associated" with that message queue and
it could not be created. We do not revoke authority to the devices so the
RVKOBJAUT should not have been a factor.

Thanks,
Tommy Holden