From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian Piotrowski
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 8:54 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Batch Monitoring Software

Hi All,

We had an issue yesterday where one of the batch jobs did not restart after we did an IPL. It was not actually diagnosed until a few of the users called and complained that some of their processes were not running.

Can anyone recommend any software that will monitor for specific batch jobs and if it is not online after a set period, will notify specific people (either via email, text message, etc.).

Thanks.

/b;

Brian Piotrowski
Assistant Mgr. - I.T.
Simcoe Parts Service, Inc.
Ph: 705-435-7814 x343
Fx: 705-435-5029
http://www.simcoeparts.com

Please consider the environment. Don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

The information contained in this communication is confidential and intended only for the use of those to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me by telephone (collect if necessary) and delete or destroy any copies of it. Thank you!