On 3/24/11 10:02 AM, Jerry C. Adams wrote:
I am trying to write a CL program using the following:

DSPFD FILE(SOMELIB/*ALL) TYPE(*MBR) +
OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) FILEATR(*PF) +
OUTFILE(QTEMP/REORGS)

The program will not compile because some of the numeric fields
exceed15.0.
Okay, that I understand. But is there a workaround? Heck, I don't
even need those fields.

The CPI0306 should not cause a compile failure, so perhaps something else did? What release is being used? If the fields are unused, then the compile should complete with only those as informational\diagnostic of their redefinition as *CHAR versus *DEC [or a *INT variant].

Since v5r4 there is the ability to overlay the storage for a program variable, over the variable declared for the field, if the field must be referenced; STG(*DEFINED) DEFVAR(&MBRxxx 1).

I am unaware of any DECxxx() parameter [like DECRESULT() on RUNSQLSTM], an OPTION() parameter specification, and there is no new parameter special value for DCLBINFLD() like *DECMAX, that would override the old behavior in order to enable larger decimal field variable declarations from DCLF in any release; i.e. unaware of a means to avoid the CPI0306 and its effect, such that the variable reflects the field data type\precision\scale.

Regards, Chuck