As far as I know, we have no files like that. We certainly haven't added a new file this week with a 32K record length. At least not that i know of! What I'd like to do is look at the records and figure out which one is causing the failure and then maybe I'll find that someone mistakenly added some weird work file to the journal.

Joe

Hi Joe,

We're running V5R4 and the DSPJRN help for the ENTDTALEN() parm states

The system calculates the length of the entry specific data field
accommodate the longest entry specific data among all journal
entries
in the specified receiver range. The entry specific data field is
fixed-length character field. The minimum length of the field is
130
characters. If the length calculated by the system causes the
record
format length to exceed the maximum record length, a message is
sent
and the entry-specific data field is truncated.

If the length calculated by the system causes the record format
length
to exceed 32766 bytes, a diagnostic message is signaled and the
entry
specific data field is truncated.

My interpretation, FWIW, is it looks like you have at least one record
with a length of 32641 bytes somewhere within your receiver range.

Gary