On 2/7/2011 6:09 PM, Willie J. Moore wrote:
I have a file on the iseries and an Excel spreadsheet. Spreadsheet name=open percentages.xa.2011, worksheet name=wek%2003. I want to copy the iseries file into the spreadsheet, replacing the data in the worksheet. I have a 'DCL' with the spreadsheets name. I am having trouble replacing the spreadsheet data with the file data.
File layout: date, total orders, total items, prod due & prod due %.
Excel spreadsheet: total orders, total items, prod due & prod due %.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What did you try and what errors did you get?
If you have iSeries Access, I find the Excel addin a very useful tool.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas1bb869681a60cf7ac862568180060bbd4

Alternatives are CPYTOIMPF, Scott's HSSF/POI API service program (which
now might even come with CGIDEV2!), iSeries Access' file transfer
support and iSeries Access for Web.
--buck