I would agree with Tommy as well, you running pop-up blocker possibly.

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:26 PM, <Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

I have *never* had a good experience with download director. I just
choose the FTP method then run the FTP in batch on my system. Once it's
through I'm ready to roll. My advise is dump download misdirector...

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

From: "Thomas Garvey" <tgarvey@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/31/2011 11:23 AM
Subject: Problems with Download Director

Hi, everyone,

I'm having a very frustrating time with Download Director. I need a cume
for my v5r3 partition (a software vendor says its required but can't be
specific about the PTF actually needed to resolve an issue), but haven't
been able to complete the download.

It prepares the order and I wait till it's ready, then select the Resume
My
Pending Orders. It begins the optical image download direct to the system
and runs fine until after it says it has completed 5 of 6 files. Then the
estimated time remaining just starts going UP along with the elapsed time.
I've let it run for over 24 hours with no actual advance in completion
percentage.

First of all, I'm not sure why it says 6 files being downloaded when the
actual files listed by the Download Director are 13. Then, no matter the
format I instruct it to download (optical image to system, ftp files to my
PC, etc), it fails. I've tried Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, two
different partitions, and over three days have nothing to show for it as
it
seems to fail at the same approximate depth into the download. By the
way,
the Download Director is described as being restartable should the
download
fail. I have seen nothing to allow that.

The only option I think I have left is to order the CDs to be created and
mailed to me.

Has anyone else ever encountered this type of issue with Download
Director?
Anything I haven't thought of?

Thanks for all suggestions.

Tom Garvey