Hi, Kirk:

I recall seeing something very similar, some number of years ago ... there was some failing hardware that was "flakey" and intermittent ... when it would start to fail, the system would go into "recovery" and the recovery routines were eating up all sorts of CPU cycles writing many many error log messages to the system log. Once the hardware stopped being flakey, the system would eventually "catch up" again.

This caused the same kinds of symptoms you are reporting, including the TwinAX console becoming unresponsive.

You might ask to have someone replace the Ethernet cables that connect the 520 to the network -- perhaps you have some flakey cables?

Also, issue DSPLOG and see if you spot hundreds or even thousands of error messages -- if so, they could point to the failing component(s).

Also, for Ethernet, I recommend the following settings:

CHGETHLIN LIND(ETHLIN) CMNRCYLMT(99 5)

and add the following auto-reply to the list of automatic replies:

ADDRPYLE SEQNBR(50) MSGID(CPA58EE) CMPDTA(*NONE) RPY(R)

(You will need to issue WRKRPYLE to find an available sequence number.)

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury