Hi all,

I have a 3 jobs J1, J2 and J3 that will run every two weeks on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday respectively.

I want to know what will be the next planned date of the job. Eg, today is the 29th, J3 will run either tomorrow or the 6th October.

If I set a reference date as the first Tuesday of this year, ie, the 5th of January, can I get my job date from any given date?

I was thinking of setting the 5th of January as week 1, so to find my date for the next J1, I would calculate the number of weeks between the 5th of January and today, divide by 2 to see if it's this week or next week and get the next Tuesday.

Am I making any sense? Would SQL or RPG be the best tool?